2016-2017 Season Wrap:
March 26, 2017
MWHA teams participating, with success, in D3, Region and State Tournaments:
- PW A – Champions, #1 Seed to West Region
- PW C - Champions
- Squirt B2 – Third place
- Squirt C – Third place
- U12 A – Champions, #1 seed to American Region.
- U10 A – Second place
MN Hockey Regional tournaments:
- PW A – Second Place, West Region, #2 Seed to State from West Region.
MN Hockey State Tournament
- PW A – Third place
Well Done to all the teams!
Mite / U8 Jamboree:
51 teams at the Mini-Mite, U6, Mite and U8 levels participated.
Many thanks to all of the Volunteers and Committee Members that worked so hard.
End of Season Survey:
Please take a moment to complete the season end survey.
Your responses help the Board plan for the upcoming season.
Survey, for Boys Traveling and Mite program, will remain open until April 17 @ 10:00 am.
Click the link, below, to be directed to survey.
MWHA Travel Team Parents,
Join us for a night at Surfside to raise funds for our MWHA!
Who: All MWHA Travel Team families
What: Fundraiser night at Surfside - a percentage of all sales will be donated to MWHA.
Where: Surfside Bar & Grill, 2544 Commerce Blvd, Mound
When: Tuesday, April 11th from 5:00pm to Kitchen close
Why: Eat, drink and raise funds for MWHA
No cooking, no dishes AND raise funds - Win, Win, Win!! Hope to see you there!
Skills Training Program – there will be a program based at Thaler this summer.
Details forthcoming and will be posted in the Programs Tab > Summer Hockey ASAP.
If you know of other programs in the Westonka area, please let the Webmaster know.
See attached flier regarding applications for Board and Committee positions.
Thank you to:
- All of the volunteers, parents, team managers and coaches who make this association keep on going. We couldn’t do it without your help.
- Players – without you we wouldn’t be here. Thanks for coming out to play the coolest game on ice. Hope to see you on the ice next season.
- The staff at Thaler and Pond Arenas. You all are the best. We lucky to call two nice facilities home and great ice too.
- Coach Doug Runke – thanks for all of your efforts, over the years, to help our kids become better players and people.
MWHA Board of Directors