The Mound-Westonka Hockey Association seeks to provide a community and volunteer-driven program to promote the growth and development of our players. Our Association works to promote a fun, fair, and safe environment that maximizes participation and improves players' skills while developing sportsmanship, teamwork, and self-confidence.
Mound Westonka Hockey Association
P.O. Box 266
Mound, MN 55364
Follow on Twitter: @WestonkaHockey
Westonka - Delano 12U A Tigerhawks 2014 State Champions
U12 A – The Westonka/Delano 12U A, Tigerhawks, defeated Roseau, 3- 2 in 1 OT, for the 12U A State Championship. It was a very exciting game. Thanks to all of the Westonka and Delano fans for showing up and cheering on the team.
Congratulations girls and coaches!
Minnesota Hockey recently released a statement regarding SF 2652 " The Mighty Ducks" Bill and the R22 Freon Issue. Click on the document, below to read the statement.
Minnesota Hockey and the MWHA urges you to contact your State Senator and encourage them to support passage of the bill. A link to the Minnesota Legislative Coordinating Commission's page is below and will assist you in finding contact information for your State Senator. Also below is a link to an article that appeared in Let's Play Hockey concerning the refrigerant issue facing many arenas in "State of Hockey."
Thanks for your assistance.
MWHA Board of Directors
The MWHA end-of-season survey is now closed. If you are interested in the results please contact Mark Studebaker or Tim Schwob. Thanks to those that took the time to respond to the survey.
The Mound Westonka Hockey Association hosts its Annual Golf Tournament as a community social event and to raise money to support youth hockey player and coaching development, hockey programming and scholarships for those in need. You may register as a team (foursome), an individual golfer, for the dinner and awards party, as a sponsor or just for a donation.
Entry Fee Includes:
Registration will open soon.
The Mound Westonka Hockey Association (MWHA) has open positions, on the MWHA Board of Directors, beginning in April 2014.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Committing to a 3 year term, beginning in April 2014
- Attending 1-2 board meetings per month. Meetings are usually the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Assist in leading the association by making decisions in the best interest of all kids at all levels in the association.
- Assisting in Board responsibilities and roles like age-level/girls’ program coordinator, tryouts, secretary, treasurer, tournament coordinator, booster club manager, fundraising and events (Golf Tournament & Jamboree, Team and Event Sponsorships), equipment/operations, apparel, registrar and District 3 liaison.
If you would like to join the MWHA Board and make a difference in our association, please submit a brief paragraph to the nominating committee that includes:
- Why you are interested in becoming a board member
- Any history with MWHA or other hockey associations
- Any family/work history you would like to share
- Any other information you would like the association to know
- Your name and contact information
The paragraph you provide will be posted on the website, for review by MWHA members, when the association communicates about the voting process. If interested, please submit your paragraph no later than Friday, March 7th to Tim Schwob, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Per USA Hockey and Minnesota Hockey Rules all Board Members must, successfully, complete a background screen.